Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear" - Alan Corenk

Anybody else tired of the "threat" of elections? It has turned into a threat now. Oh, and we wouldn't want to go to the polls at Christmas....oh, and not in January...
Why the hell not? Doesn't look like anybody wants to actually accomplish anything or God forbid, govern. Do we really need to wait for the Gomery Report, Part Deux, to drop in February before we (and by 'we' I mean Ontario) re-elect The liberal Party to a minority government?
I am tired of these ejits, already. What pisses me off is that if we go to the polls we have to re-elect the same monkeys. Yay democracy.

Stephen Harper gat caught with his mike on yesterday. He was complaining about the pin on the Rememberance Day Poppy he was wearing. We've all been there...you donate some change get a poppy and its gone in like 5 minutes. I have a tip Mr. Harper; Cut a small peice of eraser off and slide it on the end of the pin, that way you can secure it. Yes, yes, I know, my wisdom *is* impressive. tee hee.

Oh and can somebody please tell me what the "youth groups" burning cars in France actually want? Cleary they are angry about unfair police treatment, and now they have about 9,000 police officers to deal with. I'm not sure that any of the news stations or papers have actually found out what these individuals are hoping to achieve by taking to the streets.

Song Du Jour: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road ~ Elton John

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's the second time I have heard someone (a liberal) talk about The leader of the NDP as if he was in it for his own benefit.
I'm not naive, I just think a clrification needs to be made.
Allow me to remind you that what Layton is proposing for healthcare is not just for him, it is for all Canadians. Even you Bogg. How stupid is it to think that keeping private healthcare at bay is about only Jack Layton? If we are going to start poking fingers at who can be bought I'd like to aim my pointer finger right back at the Liberal Party of Canada.

Anonymous said...

I fully support private health care. Since getting out of the authoritarian ghetto of Canadian public medicine, I've never had anything but excellent service and care.

Residents of Canukistan, stop expecting something for nothing!

Ayn Duke

Konrad said...

I think the young French people want to feel alive. They want to be heard and felt. They want public and hopefully a solution what would mean a chance in life.